Is this normal for my baby??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastryyPuff

I’ve just bought a baby beardie three days ago. Ever since he’s gotten here he’s done nothing but sleep. Even when I pick him up he just goes back to sleep. I keep his temperature warm and they say I’m doing everything right. But when I picked him up today I felt his stomach and there’s a sort of long round lump in there. The day before he ate 1 freeze dried mealworm and 2 kinda big crickets. They’re supposed to poop a lot but he hasn’t had. Single bowel movement since I’ve gotten him. It could be poop trapped in there or maybe something else. Has anyone else had this happen? I’m wondering if I should wait a few days before seeing a vet to see if he perks up cause it might be due to stress? Thank you.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a run down of the set up? How do you take the temps? What are they? What kinds of lights are you using? How big is the enclosure? Do not feed him any feeders that are bigger than the space between the eyes. Definitely stop freeze dried anything. Babies become impacted very easily. Try dripping water on his nose and see if he'll drink any.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
If it is impaction - you can give your beardie some unsweetened applesauce, a little tiny teeny dab of olive oil, or some canned pumpkin - do some applesauce and give your baby some nice and warm water soaks/baths ... you can even bet gently stroke your beardie underbelly from armpit to vent while it’s in the sink soaking... these are *often* sure fire ways to help a dragon poop - but it’s just that. If you try that at nothing works - then def they give us a rundown of your set up (even if it does work) ...

Let us know! Good luck!?
-Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom