Help I'm not sure what's wrong with my baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmon26

Hello everyone I might be posting this out of paranoia but I would really like to know what you guys is opinions are. I have a vet appointment set up for next week but it would be nice to see if anyone else has an opinion before I go. A little bit about my beardie he is a male he's about 6 to 7 months old 15 in Long. he's in a homemade tank that's 36 in Long 14 in wide I'm currently in the process of making him a 5 foot by 3 foot by 3 foot so don't worry. :) he has a basking light that is 12in from him and his tube reptisun T8 10.0 is 7 inches away from him according to the instructions on the box. the problem I'm having with him is every morning i wake him up he bask for a couple hours he eats his salad he actually drinks water from his water bowl which I've never seen from any bearded dragon before,(so I was thankful) he uses the bathroom and then he gets his lunch. out of nowhere he stopped eating his salad I thought maybe he just didn't like what I was giving him anymore, which is collard greend then the next day he decided not only did he not want any salad even though I changed it to turnip greens he decided he didn't want to bask anymore and started to hide so I get my temperature gun and make sure that everything's okay and see that it was too hot in there. I fix it it was at 120 for some reason now it's only at a hundred and five I thought that would make everything better it did not he still hiding under the basking platform. he is accepting worms (gutloaded superworms) but I noticed he hadnt used the bathroom these two days so I give him a bath and of course he instantly goes to the bathroom. this is the first time I've ever seen not fully digested worms perfect urate though. he still trying to hide when I take him out for his our playtime he sits at the window for a minute and then runs off to go find a place to take a nap usually he just runs around for a whole hour just wreaking havoc having fun I'm not sure if something is wrong with him or I'm just really paranoid this is just such a dramatic change for him that I'm not sure how to help him please if this is normal and I'm overreacting please tell me but if you have any idea of what may be causing this any advice would be wonderful

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, he may have gotten overheated for a while and just a bit stressed and recuperating. Do you feed him any other insects ? When you go to the vet be sure to take a stool sample to check for parasites, that could be a reason that his superworms are undigested.

Salmon26

Original Poster
Right now supers are his only insect because I'm trying to get a dubia colony started since I read those are the best feeders and because my bearded dragon isn't my only reptile. I will be taking poo to the vet thank u I hope he's ok

Salmon26

Original Poster
I mean maybe he's just sleepy... he keeps trying to take a nap when I take him out and now starting at 6 o'clock he's wanting to go to sleep..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom