Help! I spilled tea tree oil in the same room as my beardie

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Help! I spilled tea tree oil in the same room as my beardie

Postby Haleighkaymarie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:32 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I spilled quite a bit of tea tree oil in the same room as my bearded dragon. I know you're not supposed to use the oils around the animals so idk what to do! I'm so scared now. I was just using a bit on a cut on my leg and the whole bottle knocked over ): the smell is soooo strong. Please help!!
Haleighkaymarie
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Help! I spilled tea tree oil in the same room as my bear

Postby AHBD » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi there, the sell itself may not be harmful but what are you doing to clean it ? Is it in the carpet or tile or wooden floor ? Just soak it up ASAP + wash with vinegar + water, then plain water until the smell is gone. If it's that bad , take beardie out of the room + open the windows until you get it cleaned.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Haleighkaymarie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi thanks for the reply! It got on the skirt of my bed and a little on the floor. I took the skirt thing off immediately and wiped the wooden part of the bed off where it soaked through but there doesn't seem to be a lot on the carpet. I used cleaning wipes but I'll try that now. Thanks!!
Haleighkaymarie
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

If it's really soaked in any fabric you can try Dawn dish liquid or another soap that's good for busting grease/oil. You might have to keep at it with several cleaning rags to soak it up + then blot with a plain water, hopefully that does the trick.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER