Questions about my Dragons Lethargic Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jachin

Hello, I recently purchased Gurdson at a breader near me called Capital Dragons. She's a German Giant at the Juvenile stage, and when I first got him I started to feed her Kale and Bell Peppers because my local store had no other better staple option, he's been on the diet for about a week and I noticed she has been acting very lethargic recently, I sprinkled calcium power because I found out that Kale binds to calcium. So I went to the store and got her some Raw Cabbage, the other day she was perched up against the wall which is normal behaviour but her face was extremely close to the basking lamp and the Uvb bulb for several hours so I took a few bricks of the basking area so it was closer to 10 inches away. She looks completely healthy and is extremely docile , I never see her leave the basking spot even at night, she just never moves and when I put a worm in the tank she puts no effort into chasing it. This worries me because I want to reverse any health problems that could happen or are happening , can someone please help?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. What kind of lights are you using? Brands? How are you taking the temps? What are they? Also better greens are collard, mustard, kale is fine with a variety. What feeders are you feeling him?

Jachin

Original Poster
Using a 150w bulb in there I found that emits quit a bit of heat, not sure which brand but my other bulb is exo terra basking bulb 75w. For uvb it's a T5 Ho Reptisun bulb, temps are at around 85-95 usually but my room dips in and out because I'm in a basement. Feeders are just super worms for now I try to feed him 3 or 4 a day for now to prevent impaction, I'm getting new feeders soon (pheonix worms) and I'm breeding Dubias atm

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. How are you taking the temps? Temp gun, round gauges that stick on the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom