Green Chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That doesn't appear to be yellow fungus, no. A lot of times, when shedding, their skin takes
on some off colors. It was a little hard to tell from the picture, about the greenish tint. Has
he had any greens to eat lately or a baby food that was green which could have stained his
scales?
Otherwise, that area looks like a healthy shed to me.

Tracie

Amandal143

Original Poster
He refuses to eat at all his carpet in his cage is green. I did try baby food yesterday but it was squash. I can't get him to eat or drink I have to use a small dropper to give him his water daily. The color, I noticed it about 2 days ago and I've been searching for a vet since but i can't get one to see him since I have no car and one day off of work ☹

Amandal143

Original Poster
Update: I finally found a vet and he is fine just constipated. He was given a vitamin b12 shot, poop broke up and something to mix into baby food to help him want to eat again.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree , the color is just a dull shed, very common. No need for a vet visit but if you say he was constipated how long was it and what did the vet do ? Adult beardies can go quite a while without a poo, just need extra hydration and some foods like squash + baby food sweet potato. Applesauce can work as well with a few drops of olive oil.

How long has he not been eating and what size + weight is he ?

Amandal143

Original Poster
3 weeks without food and he loosen the stool up and told me to give him another warm bath when I got home. Which i did. He has been eating baby food so i was concerned it was mouth rot. But his mouth looks good. He gave me sms tmp and clinical care. He hasn't pooped yet but I'm hoping in the bath tomorrow he will he was exhausted after playing outside and the vet visit. So he is sleeping now. He said he is healthy other wise he weights 420 grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom