Left Shoulder Lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Lady Mufasa about 9 mo old 284g has a newly developed lump around her left shoulder. She has known gout and I believe she just had another flare up, but not sure about this. She has a ReptiSun 10.0 T5HO 22” UVB tube with a reflector mounted overhead but placed near the back of her 40 gal tank. I keep her temps anywhere from 75 degrees to 107 degrees Fahrenheit. I feed her BSFL in the morning and offer in the evening, offer collards during the day and hornworms in the evening. I do not use vitamins at this time due to gout, she does take .3 ml of allopurinol and I have gout ease supplement, but she has not been taking as she does not like syringes. She has furniture in her tank so she could have injured while I was at work. Since she has a gout flare up it is hard to tell if she is limping from an injury. I forgot to mention that she eats black soldiier flies when they turn into flies as well. She seems bright and responds well; I judge her mood by her colour and behaviors, she seems to be “normal” in that area. What I really want to know is does this lump looked abnormal and should I be worried?

94265-1798766414.jpg

94265-9988839542.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's in kind of an odd spot. I don't think it's related to gout as you'd be more likely to see those swollen areas around the joints/fingers/toes etc. Does it feel hard like a mass or does it feel like a fluid buildup under the skin? If it's a fluid buildup it might be re-absorbed on it's own. If it stays for a while or starts to get worse you might want to have the vet take a sample and try to find out what's going on with it.

JLynn87

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have distorted feelings in my hand so it is difficult to feel with her scales. It is not as apparent today, but I will keep an eye on her, to see what happens. I took more pictures to help remind me of where she started and how she progresses each day. Thank you for your reply.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jackie,

Did that just crop up? I agree, I doubt that would be gout related though but maybe just a
soft cyst or water pocket. Hopefully it will just go down on its own so you wont have to take
her into the vets. I would definitely watch it though to be sure it doesn't get larger.
I hope she didn't hurt herself when you were at work or something.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom