Black Dots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Ive never made a post about this guy (Lego) but I noticed he had small black dots between his body and leg and on his legs. They dont move and their not mites. Most comes off after a bath but they come back. Is he just dirty or is he getting sick?

Jakestaken

Original Poster
Brittany26":6p172xbb said:
Could be femoral pores, it's normal for males (sometimes females). Post a pic to be sure
its not femoral pores, because their tiny and come off in the bath. Im not sure how to add pictures though

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If they aren't moving like mites then it is likely dirt. Where does he go that allows him to get dirt on him like that?

Jakestaken

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ndvo1y93 said:
If they aren't moving like mites then it is likely dirt. Where does he go that allows him to get dirt on him like that?
No where I can think of. Sometimes he misses a cricket or two wjen he goes to bed that goes under the carpet. I take them out as soon as I see he missed them. Could it be cricket poop??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly. There would have to be a lot of them to build up that much though. Do you offer worms like black soldier fly larvae? Those often come in a dirt substrate that might be causing it. Might be worth giving the tank a deep cleaning and see if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom