Won’t eat and always hiding in cave or sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momc3

Hi, we got our beardie in the beginning of February. She was 10 grams so I assume she was around a month old. So she is around 5 months now I guess. She ate a ton of mostly Dubias and grew quickly. Last week she was 230 grams and yesterday she was 224. We weigh once a week and it was always a gain, besides this week. 2 weeks ago we were gone for 4 days and someone came once a day and fed her. Before this she was eating bugs 2 times a day along with some greens. When we got home she was eating less bugs and was going to bed for the night around 5:00. We just thought she was acting funny because we had been gone. This week she has eaten a few bugs a day or none at all and pooping about every 4 days. She will come out of the cave for an hour or so and then be sitting or sleeping all day in the cave. This is the first time a part of her body is not in shed also. What could be going on? I’m so worried that she’s not under her lights or barely eating and now losing weight! She’s in a 40 gal tank. Right now the cool side of the tank is reading 75 and the basking spot, which is read by a temp gun is 105. I check it all day and don’t let it get above 110. Her lights go on at 7, off at 9. There’s a 75 watt bulb for heat and a 22in tube reptisun 10.0 HO T5 for UVB. Also, tile for substrate.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, some dragons hat grow very quickly may suddenly taper off and hide for a bit as an almost brumation type thing [ not really brumation ] out of the blue. If you are veruy concerned you can always get a fecal test done to rule out parasites though.

BTW, do you offer oral hydration at all ? Try that as well with a spray bottle directing a gentle stream to the top of her head , mouth area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom