My bearded dragon has green and white like blisters on his s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fionag

I took a picture of him could someone tell me how to help him.how do I send the picture.please help.

Fionag

Original Poster
I took a picture of him could someone tell me how to help him.how do I send the picture.please help.I dont know what is the matter with him.he is about 3 years old and he belonged to my son but I have hom now.he was sick about 1- year ago and he wouldnt eat.I think he is blind so I have to feed him.I feedhim every two days.he was out in the garden because it was such a good sunny day.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please review your tank setup wit us, such as your type/brand of UVB lighting, substrate used
in the tank, temperatures, food & supplementation used.
To post some pictures, you can click on the XIMG here in this text box, to upload your pictures
to the image gallery. Then, copy/paste the IMG to here to post them.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Fionag

Original Poster
Had him to the reptile vet today at 10'00.the guy at armony vets saw him and he did some tests on his scales and he said it was,algae.he doesnt have any infections or any parasites.I had him out in the sun because we are having such good weather and I think that is why the shedding is coming on.he told me to take the water out of the pool as he was resting in it and I could see when he showed me that it was,algae.im glad he is fine and ive took the water out o f the vivarium.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Strange for algae to grow on a beardie's scales , should not wet enough for this to happen in his viv.

And the water in the dish needs to be replaced daily , personally IMO a water dish not necessary in a bearded dragon's viv UNLESS the dragon regularly drinks from it (is seen doing so) , my observation is they are much more likely to simply sit in it (to cool off , or poo in it ( submerged poos is less smelly - all my beardies soon discovered this - and I soon became fed up with having to scrub and F10 the water dishes just about every day !!! so I took them away ).

Fionag

Original Poster
Jerry sits in his water in his small poo l.I did not think it was doing him any harm but he,has been shedding for ages and u can See the green in him from the algae.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is good news it isn't anything serious.
Definitely take all water sources out of the tank, to cut down on issues such as that.
Hopefully he will shed all of the algae out of his scales, soon. He should be fine now.
How is he doing today?

Tracie

Fionag

Original Poster
Jerry seems to be shedding the blisters and I have put a humidity thermometer in his tank and took out all the water and he is nearly finished shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom