Bad abscess infection in nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubbthedragon

I am very worried about my bearded dragon shubb and was wondering if anyone has been through a similar experience.

A little backstory:
First owner fed him candy and neglected him. He was recused from my friend and her boyfriend. While he was doing good for a while my friend went on tour and he was left at a house for two weeks without care. When I went to pick him up his heat bulb was burnt out and he was freezing.
He was drooling and had a clogged nose.
Shortly after I took him to vet and he was treated for upper respiratory infection and pinworms.
The vet removed the clog from his nose and it would not stop bleeding. His nose became clogged again with dried blood and this eventually let to a huge abscess infection in his nose despite being on antibiotics.
Two months later the vet pulled the abscess and bloody clog out. His nose is extremely raw and infected right now. I keep pulled out pus from his nose and he is breathing from him mouth.
He is prescribed three medicines I have to get him for the next 28 days.
I fear that the antibiotics wont do anything because he is extremely stressed. He is eating well thankfully.
I am worried that I will keep having to take him to the vet to clear out his nose and I cant afford it anymore.
Would you guys surrender your beardie that was suffering?
Also interested in a michigan based bearded dragon rescue that can take him in and afford his care/vet bills.
I just want him to have the best life possible after years if neglect. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks for reading

Lauren

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is terrible luck! I am sorry to hear about that.
What antibiotics are you giving him?
You could consider trying raw, unpasteurized honey, it is an excellent topical substance that
helps with infection.
I think most vets, if they have a heart, will take in an animal & treat them then rehome them.
Could they possibly do some type of payment plan for you? That is a rough decision.
Do you have any pictures just so we could see how it looks?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom