Eye drainage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Kobe has been having drainage from both eyes for the past week. I've been able to wipe it out with a tissue and then it returns a few days later. If the drainage is not removed, his eyes seem to get stuck shut, much like pink eye in humans. One of us had pink eye about 6 weeks ago, so I'm starting to wonder if that's what it is.

I called the vet and the first available appointment is June 14th. :shock:

Should I try to get him to him to another/emergency vet this weekend? I'm getting worried.

ETA: He is currently under a T5 HO 10.0 UVB tube.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of it? It could be an infection or possibly just irritation in the eye if it just started recently/suddenly.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Currently, his eyes look fine; I'm not sure that pictures would show anything right now. When the discharge returns, I will post pics.

The discharge collects on the bottom half of his eyes and is gooey/gummy. It is a pale yellow color. Once I remove it, it takes about 2-3 days to return.

I think I'm going to call an emergency vet tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Any ideas/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it takes that long then perhaps it's just a blocked tear duct train. A vet can do a dye test by adding dye to the eye and see if it drains into the back of their mouth. If it is blocked though there isn't much to do about it that I know of (and it's not really harmful in itself). It would be good to test a sample of it to rule out infection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom