Stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Beardie Peter and I had to do a sudden move due to a domestic violence situation. He hasnt moved since Sunday(05/20/18).He also has a black neck. He is breathing and alive just wont get up and move around. Is it normal?

Amandal143

Original Poster
Thank you. He has me freaked out because when I moved him from Michigan he didn't do this and now he is idk if it was how he was moved because I had him in a box and i didn't this time. Just had one day to pack and get out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear you were able to get out of a bad situation. Is his beard still dark black? Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. The lethargic behavior may be stress related but a black beard for an extended period may indicate stress or another underlying issue. It's not usually good when they are like that for several days.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The photos have to be under 8mb to upload. You can try a separate hosting site like tinypic and post a link. That way everyone can see and chime in with some thoughts. You can send them to me by email by clicking the envelope icon below my username.

Amandal143

Original Poster
Today he made some progress for the better. He is moving around, latching on to his log again and just having fun. His neck is slowly fading it's now a light grey hopefully it will be completely gone in a few more days. we did have a issue where while he was in the stress stage where i didnt realize there was a super worm in his cage and it started eating Peter once i seen the worm it was rempved he was hiding under the carpet :( but he is healing from that pretty good. Keeping it clean and a light coat of ointment to help the healing process. He is slowly starting to eat again but we discovered he isnt a fan of broccoli lol he kept spitting it back out at me lol

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=D7x2Y0a1KM4DoENSCkiTMIh4l5k2TGxc

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he's doing better! I haven't had luck with broccoli either. Just keep offering different things and eventually you'll find some hits. Squash is really popular with my dragons. I've had good luck with chopped green beans, sweet potato shavings, collard greens, and kale. Limited success with chopped bell pepper, turnip greens, and dandelion greens (depends on mood).

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Limited success with chopped bell pepper, turnip greens, and dandelion greens (depends on mood).
My Marta loves her dandelion greens, and her yellow dandelion flowers even more! I've tried offering her squash, but she wouldn't take it. Also, I'm glad you found that superworm! Hopefully Peter will be back to his old self soon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom