Popping noise while sleeping! URI?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlady17

Hi My baby Karora (year old) is sleeping on my chest and i keep hearing this little exhale pop sound every once in a while while she's breathing, it sounds like a litte burp or hiccup so i thought it might be okay but is it a URI bc i'm scared she's hurting or something bc it doesnt sound normal. could she just have gas? i just got home (ive been gone about a day) and she wasnt doing this before i left. please let me know i'm nervous.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hopefully it isn't a respiratory issue. Had you ever listened that closely to her breathing
before you noticed it?
They can often have a slight popping noise intermittently, when breathing if it's quiet enough
to where you can hear it. The noise is caused by the glottis/air hole at the base of the tongue
or throat that opens & closes every so often when they are sleeping.
I don't know if that's what you are hearing but a likely possibility.
Does she have any symptoms of a respiratory infection?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great! I think what you were most likely hearing was the glottis then, opening & closing
while breathing.
Since Karora doesn't have any other symptoms, I don't think she has a respiratory infection.
Is she eating well, active & basking right now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom