Popping noise while sleeping! URI?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlady17

Hi My baby Karora (year old) is sleeping on my chest and i keep hearing this little exhale pop sound every once in a while while she's breathing, it sounds like a litte burp or hiccup so i thought it might be okay but is it a URI bc i'm scared she's hurting or something bc it doesnt sound normal. could she just have gas? i just got home (ive been gone about a day) and she wasnt doing this before i left. please let me know i'm nervous.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hopefully it isn't a respiratory issue. Had you ever listened that closely to her breathing
before you noticed it?
They can often have a slight popping noise intermittently, when breathing if it's quiet enough
to where you can hear it. The noise is caused by the glottis/air hole at the base of the tongue
or throat that opens & closes every so often when they are sleeping.
I don't know if that's what you are hearing but a likely possibility.
Does she have any symptoms of a respiratory infection?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great! I think what you were most likely hearing was the glottis then, opening & closing
while breathing.
Since Karora doesn't have any other symptoms, I don't think she has a respiratory infection.
Is she eating well, active & basking right now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom