Bearded dragon has not ate in 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bweiser18

My 4-5 month old has refused to eat these last 3 days for some odd reason. He’s never done this. Temps are correct. Lights are correct. I’ve been stapling Dubai roaches. He just shed his feet and tail but his body isn’t shedding yet. I went to the store to get a different type of feeder just to change it up and see if he would eat. He wouldn’t. I was starting to get worried as if he were getting sick or something? So I tried hand feeding him while he was on his rock basking and he ate! He ate about 4-5 crickets and a few roaches. Now a few hours had passed and I got him out and put him in a container as I normally do to feed him and he refused. So I tried to hand feed him again while he was on his rock and once again he ate? Is there something wrong? Why hasn’t he eaten in 3 days and now all of the sudden just randomly won’t eat unless you hand feed him while he’s under his light? He’s never done this. He’s always been put in a container to eat. That’s not worrying me. What is. Is why hasn’t he eaten in 3 days and now all of the sudden this?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Well it could be that moving him stresses him out a bit and when stressed he probably doesn't want to eat, and he most likely feels more comfortable and safe inside his home.
My two adults eat fine in and out of the tank, however my sub-adult refuses to eat outside for the most part, you may get 3-4 bugs in her outside the tank while inside she'll eat 20+ bugs without hesitation. If he wont eat inside a separate feeding bin just feed him inside the tank, if everything is fine it wont hurt him.

Bweiser18

Original Poster
I’ve always fed him outside of his tank in a separate container though ever since we first got him. He ate fine. Now all of the sudden he won’t go for his own food and will only eat while being hand fed while he’s inside his terrarium on his rock. After it being 3 days of of not eating at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom