NOT EATING OR DRINKING OR TALKING IN CALCIUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehagan17

Hello everyone, I am worried about my bearded dragon. She is over a year old and all of a sudden has stopped eating completely. I feel really bad because I know she was not getting lots of calcium on her system for a while because of my error. But during this time she was very lively and eating very very well. I first noticed something was wrong when I went to the store to buy her favorite vegetable (butternut squash) and she would not have anything to do with it. Over time it got worse and now she hasn't eaten in 3 days. I thought it could be one of 2 things. Infertile eggs (she has not been with a male) or brumation. I read only to use play sand and top soil( this could be bad advice) and make a lay box for her. Well she didn't like the lay box so I made a corner of sand and top soil in her terrarium. It's a good consistency so it won't fall on her when she digs. I catch her digging every now and then but of course I see no eggs. I thought briefly it could be brumation but she is still thoroughly enjoying her basking area and still wanting to be towards the light. I was wanting to supplement in her calcium and such because I know I failed her in the past with that but now it's too late becsuse she wont open her mouth for anything. I have liquid calcium but I don't know the measurements and I have to force it into her if I decided to. She never drinks her water so I have to spray her down. She will be going to the vet this week. I just need a little bit of guidance. Please help. Thank you.

ehagan17

Original Poster
ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION: she is extremely active during the day. Running around like crazy and digging every now and then. She goes back in forth from digging to basking.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she is active then I'll bet she is OK. At her age it's not a huge deal for them to be off of food for a bit. The digging behavior may indicate that she will lay eggs but not necessarily. My guess is that she's just more active due to the time of year. Keep the digging area available for now just in case it is egg related but otherwise I'd just make food available to her if she wants it. Don't worry too much about the calcium. You can offer calcium rich foods like collard and turnip greens as part of her main diet.

ehagan17

Original Poster
Thank you!! She's got an appointment with the vet this Thursday just so we can all put our mind at ease. Or at least get some clarification. I will post back once I figure out what might be causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom