Please help i think i hurt my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambiter

Help i think i really hurt my berdie
I usualy let my beardie Clyde who is a golden dunner bread about 3 years old run around my room when its been hot out like it has been lately i have a computer and rolling computer chair in my room aswell and i always make sure hes not behind me when i back up but today was abnormal i was just doing work while clyde was running about in my room when for whatever reason i backed up without looking and i ran over his front right foot he struggled for a minute and i was freaking out i got my chair of of him asap and he ran away into his tank he wont let me touch him and hes favoring his foot every time i get close he puffs his beard out and gets really defensive please help i think i may have really badly hurt him and hes my best friend ever

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy, that's rough luck! It's possible his hand was broken. An x-ray would help reveal that. Other than immobilizing it though I'm not sure what would be done to treat it. These issues usually heal though it is probably causing him some discomfort so he's acting defensively. I would try to keep him as immobilized as reasonable for a while. Try to lower basking areas and maybe put down a soft substrate like fleece to provide some additional padding. Do you see any outward signs of injury like cut skin or bleeding?

Gambiter

Original Poster
thanks for replying so quick he seems to be doing okay he's not favoring his foot anymore he's eating normally and running and climbing like normal He's not being defensive anymore he just doesn't want me to touch his foot lol I think if I can get him while he's sleeping I can put a makeshift dragon foot immobilizer on him but other than that he has full yellow color back and he seems happier haha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good to hear. Maybe he just bruised it or he just got a startle out of it. In that case he should be fine and forgive and forget shortly. Keep a close eye on the way he uses it and how he walks though and that will help give a better idea of what's up. Don't worry about immobilizing it while he's sleeping and if he isn't favoring it anymore he is probably fine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry that happened, but accidents do happen.
It sounds like he is doing a lot better. So, nothing is broken or appears to be broken?
Are you sure the entire wheel went over his foot? That would be amazing if nothing
ended up being broken though. I'm glad to hear his beard is back to normal color too.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great he is all back to normal. He isn't limping at all now? Amazing, you must not have
run over his hand as you had thought, or it just grazed him & scared him.
I am glad to hear he is fine now.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom