baby beardy bloated? help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammo

I've had my baby for a few weeks now and she's been doing just fine. I think she is 2 or 3 months old. Just a few days ago she started bloating up, and has looked quite bloated ever since. Her appetite has also declined. Up until now she has been eating around 20 crickets twice a day, and that has declined over the past few days and now she hasn't eaten at all today. She is still passing normal bowel movements. Her eyes are clear and she doesn't seem to have any labored breathing. I have her on repticarpet with UVA/Heat and UVB. I have water out for her at all times, as well as various commercial foods and vegetables. I give her daily baths because she is a silky. What's going on with her!? I'm concerned! Is she just going to shed soon or is it something worse? Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My first guess is that it's an oncoming shed. They puff out to help loosen the skin. You may see some beard flaring and eye bulging too depending where the shed is going to be. That corresponds to lack of appetite too. I'd just observe at this point and look for further signs of shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom