Beardie won't poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

literalwirt

My beardie is roughly four months old. I have him in a 40 gallon tank with a hiding spot, basking spot, food bowl water bowl, plants, etc. I got him almost two weeks ago. He used to poop every day but he hasn't pooped in roughly five days, and there were days in that time where he wouldn't eat either. I use paper towels as his substrate and he eats small crickets, a few worms from the Can O Worms, red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Mostly crickets though. He shed last week and now his whole body is turning black. His head, tail, and body are darker, his stress spots are constant, and his beard is only ever not super black when I'm petting him. I've tried giving him a warm bath but he doesn't like that. What's wrong with him? Why won't he poop? What can I do to ease his pain?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possibly shed related. Can you provide details about what lights you have in place, how far they are from his basking spot, and what the surface temps are around his tank? It's important to get that all fine tuned so he can digest and absorb nutrients properly. For now I would offer him water by dripping some on his nose from a dropper or your fingertip. Can you post photos of him and his setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

literalwirt

Original Poster
Thank you! I came home today and he had pooped and was all better! I'm going to increase his exercise and heat and that should help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom