Is my b eardie sick?!?! Yellow odd looking scales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a few days ago a small patch of yellowish scales on my bearded dragons neck, the scales don't fold down like the others and stick straight out from the skin. Can anyone tell me what this Is? I'm extremely worried and can't afford a vet visit right now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you happen to have any pictures you could post, so we could see what the scales are
looking like?
Does your dragon seem or act ill?
I hope that it is just shed, but a picture would be helpful. Just click on the XIMG on this
message box to upload your pictures to the image gallery. Then, copy/paste the IMG to
the page.
Is he/she eating very much right now?

Tracie

Catblack2662

Original Poster
Drache613":2vhjng79 said:
Hello,

Do you happen to have any pictures you could post, so we could see what the scales are
looking like?
I hope that it is just shed, but a picture would be helpful. Just click on the XIMG on this
message box to upload your pictures to the image gallery. Then, copy/paste the IMG to
the page.

Tracie
He's eating normal, he eats everything I give him, superworms,veggies,and pellets. He acts normal, runs around explores and hides. He's been hiding in his cave a lot more lately, although he does that close to his shed. Thinking it might be some sort of fungus I removed everything from his viv and sanitized everything with wipeout reptile cleaner, only putting his basking spot back in to minimize possibly of contamination. I'm trying to upload a pic but it won't work.

Catblack2662

Original Poster
98998-3818983748.jpg
Drache613":pd1wnwiv said:
Hello,

looking like?
the page.

Tracie
98998-3818983748.jpg
98998-1854275181.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That just looks like natural yellow coloring. The scales along the beard look a little waxy which indicates a shed is coming on. I don't see anything to worry about. Very healthy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom