Dark patch on my bearded dragons back

Status
Not open for further replies.
98964-8209053599.jpg
Im really worried about my baby. He is around 6 months old. He eats tons, poops well daily. He’s really active and very friendly.
I bought him 3 months ago and he had a small spot on his back but it has got bigger and bigger. He sheds once a month and the dark patch remains when he sheds.
Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Could it be fungal? And if it is what can i do to gelp him? He’s never had yellow patches they have always been dark.

Daniela434

Original Poster
That is what I thought when I first got him. I thought it was a burn from the pet shop. But the patch has grown considerably bigger over the months. Its not possible for it to be a burn as there is no way he could touch the bulb. I want to add a picture of when I first got him but am new to this site and don’t know how to add extra pics?

Daniela434

Original Poster
98964-1038919376.jpg
This is the patch when i got him in march.
98964-3613509848.jpg
This is how big it grew in april.
How it is the size in my first picture so definitely growing.

Daniela434

Original Poster
98964-6796031683.jpg
Update! So after 3 days of applying athletes foot cream the patch fell off! Looks like it was a fungal infection. So glad the anti fungal cream worked a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom