Dark patch on my bearded dragons back

Status
Not open for further replies.
98964-8209053599.jpg
Im really worried about my baby. He is around 6 months old. He eats tons, poops well daily. He’s really active and very friendly.
I bought him 3 months ago and he had a small spot on his back but it has got bigger and bigger. He sheds once a month and the dark patch remains when he sheds.
Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? Could it be fungal? And if it is what can i do to gelp him? He’s never had yellow patches they have always been dark.

Daniela434

Original Poster
That is what I thought when I first got him. I thought it was a burn from the pet shop. But the patch has grown considerably bigger over the months. Its not possible for it to be a burn as there is no way he could touch the bulb. I want to add a picture of when I first got him but am new to this site and don’t know how to add extra pics?

Daniela434

Original Poster
98964-1038919376.jpg
This is the patch when i got him in march.
98964-3613509848.jpg
This is how big it grew in april.
How it is the size in my first picture so definitely growing.

Daniela434

Original Poster
98964-6796031683.jpg
Update! So after 3 days of applying athletes foot cream the patch fell off! Looks like it was a fungal infection. So glad the anti fungal cream worked a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom