Need help. Is this tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenA123

Hello, my name is Benji Ayala. I am the owner of a fancy bearded dragon who is now about seven months old. I recently came back home from college and see that his tail is looking dark. I am not sure if this is caused by stress or if he has a bad tail rot infection. My beardie eats daily, poops daily, and seems lively most of the time. I feed him wax worms, meal worms, leafy greens, and berries. I am planning on building a big terrarium for my beardie as it has pretty much outgrown its current one. I am currently using a brown mat liner as substrate.

Ask for any more information as I am sure there will be questions
Thank you for you responses,

98969-3440670069.jpg
98969-3854081323.jpg
98969-3711202634.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That tail looks perfectly healthy to me. He may be going to shed on the tail as it looks a little
dull in color. It always gets dark preshed. There is a slight little indent towards the tip of the
tail but it looks like nothing, just a natural part of the tail & not an injury.
I would also try to feed small crickets or roaches too, since mealworms are pretty high in fat
& don't have as much protein as the other feeders.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom