Beard is won't eat and won't stop glass surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been taking her outside for real sunlight when it is warm enough into a homemade enclosure and since I have been she has been glass surfing and not eating at all it has been almost a week of not eating anything. No idea on age I got her in August of last year she is 19 inches long though just started to barely she's on her nose only no where else been almost 4 months since she she's on her feet over 6 months since full body shed.(I keep track on all sheds been long time since a real growth spurt and reason to not actually eat) her tank and set up is good she has proper lights and heat just don't know why my girl all of a sudden is acting crazy I am very Leary on force feeding her as I have never done it to any of my animals before and have no clue how to even attempt it on her if it came down to it. Just looking for advice on how to het her back to eating and not running around her tank and rearranging all her rocks ac5ing like she might hurt herself. please any help would be great. her light is a reptili Flo 125 watt (all in one basically only 1 month old still works great) all temps in hot is 90-110 cold is 70-90 with fresh water and salad and 10 crickets a day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't force feed her but do keep track of her weight. If she is energetic like that she likely either needs to run around and burn off some energy or she is trying to lay eggs. It might be worth building a dig box for her in a plastic tote bin with some damp play sand and organic topsoil mixed together to a consistency that will hold a tunnel. If she starts digging in the soil then she may need to lay eggs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you need help with reviewing your setup, we can run over your tank specs to be sure it is
all correct. Many of them become energized in the spring/summertime due to higher hormone
levels from mating behavior.
As suggested, if she starts digging around, etc she could have eggs or is developing eggs.

Tracie

michellekeim

Original Poster
I tried the dig box and all she wanted to do was escape it by trying to jump out of it and as soon as I put her back into her terrarium she has been glass surfing and still won't eat the crickets or anything else I put in for her to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom