Can someone tell me what wrong wit his arm and how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt7

i had two basking lights at first and i didnt know i needed a uvb. his arm is limped idk if its broken he runs still. It was fine at first then one day it was like that. its been a while i thought it would get better on its own but its still the same . If any one has any idea plez help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Does it always stay bent like that or is it just when he's still/basking? It could be from lack of adequate UVB and calcium absorption so using a high quality UVB light in the tank, providing a calcium rich diet, and providing time out in natural sunlight will certainly help either way.

Matt7

Original Poster
Its always bent simetimes when hes miving atound it goes back but i got him a ubv and i thought maybe he broke it but now i think it was cus i didnt have the correct light for 2 months.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible. Be sure to dust his live bugs with a light even coat of calcium powder and offer calcium rich veges like collard greens and kale. Outside time in the natural sunlight is great for him so bring him out as much as you can. Which UVB light did you get? How far do you have it mounted above his basking area? Output varies between lights so their mounting distance varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom