Beardie are rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Falcor ou
92789-6255802689.jpg
tside to enjoy some sun. Had him on his leash and he decided a rock would be good to eat... it was not too big, but big enough. What should I do? Wait and see if he can pass it or rush him to a vet? Attached is a pic of about how big it was.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Crazy dragons, love to try & eat small rocks or pebbles. I had one in the past who did that from
time to time & I finally had to change the area where I took him outside so he would stop eating
or trying to eat rocks!
Since it is pretty small, it should pass through in a few days.
You could get some sugar free applesauce along with some canned pumpkin & a drop or two of
olive or coconut oil to give to him daily. Just use a plastic dropper or syringe to give to him to
help out.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Jackie0527

Original Poster
Hes taking a bath now. He did pop, but no rock yet. I checked with some gloves on. He don't want out though, he got upset when I took him out to give him fresh water. Hes also starting to shed, so I'm gonna let him play and swim until hes ready to come out

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he did go to the bathroom. Too bad there wasn't a rock in with it!
I hope it passes through soon, without any complications.
Did he have a nice bathtime?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If he's only little , a 10L Tupperware tub is perfect for bathing a juvenile in , I use a plastic baby bath for my Peppa (she's 25 inches long and nearly 800g and 2.5 yrs old now and loves her baths when she has one.
9jul2017_peppa_in_bath.png

Jackie0527

Original Poster
Drache613
Falcor did enjoy his bath. He spent almost 30 minutes swimming around.

kingofnobbys
I have tried a plastic tote but he prefers the bath tub. He has more room to swim around and play. I think bath time may be his favorite time of day.

His lights just turned on for the day, so I let him wake up for a bit, then feed him and let him chill for a while. I will be giving him a bath around noon to see if he passes the rock. He is not acting any different then normal, so I'm praying that's a good sign that it is not causing any problems. I'll let you all know if he passes it today.

Jackie0527

Original Poster
92789-9319530534.jpg
Well, he went pop again, in his bath as nornal. No rock again today. He didn't strain of anything. Just went and started swimming. I did feel his belly when I changed his water. I can feel the rock right by his vent... He got mad when I barely touched there. I'm praying he can pass it without any complications. He does not seem to want to stay in the bath today, but I'm gonna leave him in for about 15 minutes.

Is there anything SAFE I can do to help him pass it. Other then baby food, he absolutely refuses to eat it and will NOT let me open his mouth.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor guy, it sounds like it is pretty close to passing.... I hope he doesn't have any problems,
either. There really isn't anything else you can do, but keep him as hydrated as you can &
hopefully it will just work its way out. It seems that he might be feeling some discomfort if
he got mad when you touched that area. Is it swollen at all that you can tell?
He wont take any of the baby food mix at all or let you open his mouth? They can sure be
stubborn about that!
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Jackie0527

Original Poster
Good news!!! He passed his rock this morning. No issue whatsoever! I'm so glad. Thank you everyone for your help, I was freaking out until you all helped me relax.
92789-9717116700.jpg

Jackie0527

Original Poster
For the last month or so, Falcor has only been eating like 3 or 4 supers at a time and only been snacking on his salad. Well, maybe that rock is what his body needed because he went crazy on his salad and ate 26 supers. I don't usually feed him that many at once, but he kept trying to climb up to where I keep them. I'm glad he passed the rock and is obviously feeling great! Thank you everyone for your reassurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom