Not sure what is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy123

So I haven’t been on the forum for a while, I’ve been really busy, but recently I’ve been noticing something strange with my beardie, Mushu. The first thing I noticed was that he was sleeping a LOT. He still basks, but I find him sleeping almost all the time now. He is not an adult, so I don’t think it’s brumation. But now, I’m seeing something that is more concerning. . . There seems to be something wrong with his eyes... one of them seems like it has something in it, the other one he won’t open! The one that he won’t open has a dark purplish color. He is very lethargic... he’s been eating normally though...
94828-243110457.jpg
94828-1810093825.jpg
94828-438060537.jpg
94828-2409960893.jpg
(yes I also know that he is going into shed, but this has been going on before the shed)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The shed could have started earlier around the eye, in which case it should go back to normal after the shed is done. It does look a bit crusty though. You could try rinsing it with some plain saline solution. It's possible there is something else caught that is irritating it. If it doesn't return to normal after the face shed is done it might be good to visit a vet to have a swab taken of the mucous around the eye and proper antibiotic can be administered if needed.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm replying on here but including info [ and will do on your new E.R thread about the lump ] Mushu is developing MBD [ small smashed face in this thread ] and now a lump on his back. These are classic signs, especially the lump. He is far too small to brumate , he has a calcium deficiency causing MBD. What exact type + brand lights do you have and how long has he been lethargic ? When was his last poo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom