Weird Leg (Lost of Tons of Scales) Gaging (Like gonna Vomit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzZed

Ok so my little girl viper isn't looking to good

So 5 thing's to keep in mind

1. Today I picked up my beardie and she starting gaging (beard going in and out) and starting making gaging sounding noises (like she was gonna vomit) and she opened her mouth a bit each time

2. She didn't liked being touched besides the main issue which is the scales she was fine with the injured part but not with the normal parts of her body.

3. She lost TONS OF SCALES, when I say a ton I mean not like 2-5 I mean like 10-20 (I can't count) so she has this weird thing on her leg like a dirt mark even though the cage looks like this

4. Scab or something like that healing on her leg, I don't know when this happened but I just noticed it so what I assume is she hurt herself on something that may do damage to her skin

5. I don't think this is bad but just to be on the safe side I noticed one of her arms is a light pink and the other the normal color not sure how to describe it. Just look at the photos

Cage Ground : https://i.imgur.com/KFDyJOc_d.jpg
Leg and arm photos : https://imgur.com/gallery/hRogf0v

Thanks to all that have read this and are helping poor Viper out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that Viper is having some trouble. Can you get better pics of her tank [ although I doubt anything in there caused this ] Are there any loose insects hiding ? Check thoroughly to be sure.

You can dab a watered down betadine solution on the leg with a Q-tip [ betadine mixed with water to the color of iced tea ] After it dries put some raw [ unpasteurized ] honey on it. It's a natural antimicrobial.

Is she having trouble walking at all. is she eating , is she lethargic ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't like the look of those scales. Is it possible she came in contact with something hot and got burned? Could be bites from loose crickets or bugs as AHBD mentioned. Could be an infection of some sort. Might be best to have a vet check that out to see what you're dealing with. The puffing and head shaking might just be discomfort from being handled. Did she return to normal after you put her back?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, those scales don't look good. There isn't anything she could have gotten her leg caught
in that would have scraped her leg? It probably hurts some I would presume.
As suggested, try the raw, unpasteurized honey or manuka honey on that area to help keep it
from getting infected. I think I would also see if a vet can take a look at it, also.
Viper is a great name! Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

ItzZed

Original Poster
Thank you for all the help as i am unable to take pictures right now I will be back with them however I have not fed viper crickets in a long time I used too however since her cage is in my room they would keep me up all night. What she does eat is super worms or mealworms I can’t exactly remember and vegetable and fruits (Things that she has had no problem eating I can’t remember what they are though) I will see if I can take her to the vet to get it checked out. When I went to take the pictures I forgot to mention she was absolutely fine the second time so it’s probably discomfort the Q-Tip thing I don’t think I may be able to do but I can keep you all posted for now I will take her to the vet also quick responses would be nice for this last question she has never been in a car, the only time is when we got her so I’m not sure how to do this? Put her in some type of box with no lid and put a blanket on the places where she can see outside so she does not nauseous

As I have never taken in her into the vet for the 2 years and 4 months she’s been with me so what should I ask for, a checkup or something. Sorry I never take my pets to the vet my parents normally do and Viper has never had any problems so they thought there was no point.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Most of them do pretty well with car rides but not always. If you don't have a pet carrier then you could just use a big shoebox or box with a towel at the bottom. I used a large shoebox and towel for years and it worked well. First find a vet who is experienced with treating bearded dragons. It makes a difference. Just call ahead and they can tell you. They can usually give you the cost for an exam up front too. Just ask for an exam and point out the areas with damaged scales and say they are a concern. Ask if the vet feels that a skin test is needed.

ItzZed

Original Poster
Thank you very much I’ll find a good vet

To those who are wondering if the cage did this here’s a picture.

https://imgur.com/gallery/kMrBiBJ

3 Things i think did this

1. The den however it is not sharp enough on the sides are any part

2. The Log I don’t think it’s this but worth pointing out

3. I think this did it The Rock not only can it scratch me but it probably did this.

Thanks everyone for the replies

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a possibility, is it that sharp of a rock?
How is Viper's leg doing today?
I hope you are able to get her into a vet, just so they can be sure there isn't any type of
infection going on there. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

ItzZed

Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply I have been very busy lately and I can’t even get the time to respond

The rock scratched up nails if scratched by my fingersnails. As I have just texted to it probably was that.

Getitng the poor girl to the vet is another story. As I have been quite busy with my new job and whenever I have the time my parents are unable to take me as I don’t have a car. Not only that can you find 3-5 things that can convince my parents to take her to the vet. They think this Is normal to a bearded dragon and I can’t seem to convince them to take them. They are probably just being cheap as last time I told them to get her checked up yearly they said she’s fine and it will cost too much. Which is quite dumb. Anyway if you could point out 3-5 things that might catch there attention or even help me convince them to get her checked up yearly that would be very helpful.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom