Post-shed not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKACZMAR

We’ve had Fred for 2 months now. Not sure of his exact age but he’s a juvenile. He just did his 3rd full body shed over the weekend. He’s a hearty eater and 2 days prior to his shed he started to act more lethargic and didn’t eat quite as well. He hasn’t ate much the last few days either. He was a healthy little guy so his body was always filled out and now he’s very wrinkly looking and looks so frail. I’ve been bathing him daily and having him drink of which he does some of the time but he’s just not intererested in eating. Nothing in his environment has changed, temps are good and he’s pooping normal also. I use all the proper lighting, probe therm, calcium/vitamin dusting, etc (thankfully to this site I’ve got all the correct things in place). His diet consists of dubia’s, Phoenix worms, and various greens/veggies. None of that has changed. He isn’t a huge fan of crickets anymore but I did offer him some last night in hopes that it would spark some interest. Nope. I’ve tried hand feeding and he turns his head. I’ve seen him eat some but nothing like he used to have in a day. I’ve been focusing on keeping him hydrated. He did this same behavior the last 2 times he shed and also had the very frail appearance that quickly went away once he resumed eating normal. I just worry. He’s so sweet and our family adores him. He was really thriving and I just want to make sure I’m not missing something. Any thoughts? Am I just being overly nervous? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom