Help! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basking temp is @ 105, cool side is at 78 - 75 w heat lamp, reptisun 10.0 t8 bulb mounted inside his tank & i turn on a 100 w heat emitter at night when its cooler out. He hasnt been eating well the past month so i got concerned and took him to the nearest reptile veterinarian they diagnosed him as dehydrated and he also has pinworms/coccidia. He is now on metronidazole, and when he was at the vet he got subcutaneous injections to help keep him hydrated. He still isnt eating, and hes lost tons of weight and hes only 6 mo old!! he should be eating like crazy @ this age. He gets daily baths (thats where he goes to the bathroom), ive been syringe feeding him water & organic sweet potato baby food, he gets hand fed as many collard greens/dandelion flowers as hell get, but he wont eat his live protein :( ive tried EVERYTHING.

97480-7160581206.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tank setup looks nice & bright. It's hard to tell but is the tube bulb mounted overhead?
At his age, sometimes they tend to get picky with their eating & want something different.
What insects do you have for him?
How long is he going to be on the Metronidazole for?
How much weight has he lost? I am glad to hear he wll eat greens from your hand. If he wont
eat any insects you can also get some chicken or turkey babyfood & mix it with some squash or
sweet potato babyfood to help with nutrition. You can use a plastic dropper or syringe to drip
some onto his nose to see if he wll eat some that way.
You may need to get some probiotics to help out his tummy. Meds can be hard on them.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

babybearded07

Original Poster
Drache613":2icvluue said:
Hello,

The tank setup looks nice & bright. It's hard to tell but is the tube bul bmounted overhead?
At his age, sometimes they tend to get picky with their eating & want something different.
What insects do you have for him?
How long is he going to be on the Metronidazole for?
How much weight has he lost? I am glad to hear he wll eat greens from your hand. If he wont
eat any insects you can also get some chicken or turkey babyfood & mix it with some squash or
sweet potato babyfood to help with nutrition. You can use a plastic dropper or syringe to drip
some onto his nose to see if he wll eat some that way.
You may need to get some probiotics to help out his tummy. Meds can be hard on them.

Tracie

Thank you! It’s mounted inside the tank. He is not eating crickets at all anymore he just likes super worms but I’m giving him a couple wax worms. He’s on metronidazole for 7 treatments that are distributed every 3 days only 0.12 ml though. I have vanilla soy yogurt that I let him lick once every few days- I’ve been dropping organic sweet potato baby food to give him something and I also give him a couple small syringes of water a day to keep him hydrated. I put a couple collard greens in his mouth until he doesn’t want anymore and a few dandelion flowers picked from my garden(no pesticides). Today he ate 10 wax worms and 7 super worms though! Super happy :) his next treatment of metronidazole will be tomorrow!! Hope it makes him eat :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of him close up to show his full body size ? I wanted to mention that once a beardie gets superworms they very often snub crickets, the supers are now their favorite. It's not that he won't eat, he's just waiting for the tastier of the bugs.And is he on any other med. besides the metronidazole ? For coccidia you should be giving him toltrazuril , unless his count is low [ meaning he doesn't have enough coccidia to worry about ]

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad you are getting fluids into him & that he will eat the sweet potato baby food & greens,
too. Ok, the vanilla soy yogurt should help him out. At least he willingly takes it for you..
Did he have high counts of coccidia or do you know for sure?
The collard greens & dandelion are good for him. Hopefully he will continue to eat some of
those also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom