Beardie not eating for at least a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my beardie Artemis is probably closing in on a year old and for months now has been eating her salad for breakfast and supers for dinner and has been been great. Now all of the sudden she hasn't been eating at all and it's very concerning.

She also hasn't pooped in a long while. I have been giving her baths and giving her tummy rubs but she's not pooping. I don't know what the issue is

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Has she lost weight? I'd keep a close eye on that. If her weight is stable she may have slowed her metabolism for some reason. If she is losing weight then there may be an underlying issue.

pinkrambo13

Original Poster
Now that i look at her I'm not convinced she hasn't lost weight but I'm not entirely sure. She runs around nonstop when she is out of her Viv but is lethargic and like lays in her hiding rock like all day while I'm at work. I'm not convinced she even moves till I get home after work. I leave at 7am and leave her salad in her bowl and turn on the light right before I leave and then find her bowl still full and her not moved

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's not too unusual but it's good she gets time to run around outside of the tank. I suggest using a kitchen scale to weigh her and just keep a log so you can see how her weight is trending. It's sometimes tough to tell visually and weight trend is a good indicator of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom