Any ideas or sicknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radletm

98850-6197613114.jpg
My beardie, Harley, is 3 years old and I have owned her for 2 of those years. She was adopted from a biology major whom raised her from an egg, and gave her to me when he moved to an apartment.
Since I have owned her, she has been very quiet, moody(but never bites or attacks), and will only show her beard when she meets new people. She is not very active and eats maybe once a week (I always provide her with fresh salad and freeze dried worms or crickets). She spends most of her day (like 23 hours!) sleeping.
Harley never seems sick, but I’ve always wondered why she is a bit different from other beardies. She is kept clean and well taken care of from a very loving home.
Are there any ideas on why she’s like this? Is it normal?
98850-4293404324.jpg
98850-6214405820.jpg
98850-1049998249.jpg

Radletm

Original Poster
Thanks! She lives in a large tank, 50 gallons I believe, with a tree branch to climb and a little cave to hide inside. I keep the temperature around 80 because I noticed she gets angry when it’s hotter or cooler. She also has a UV bulb. After I bathe her, I’ll set the towel i dried her with in the corner of the cage for her to snuggle in until it’s time to clean it, as well, which she seems to like.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. What is the uvb? Coil/compact or long tube? Brand? How are you taking the temps? What kind of basking light does she have? How old is the uvb?

Radletm

Original Poster
It looks like a household lightbulb, both lights are zoo med (from pet smart) and changed almost monthly because they don’t seem to have a long lifespan. The temperature is measured by a wall thermometer kept inside her cage.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Thanks for answering. You want to replace her uvb. I use a reptisun 10.0 t5 24 inch. Those coil/compacts do not put off enough uvb. Mine really perked up when I replaced the old uvb. Also those stick one thermometers are very inaccurate. I use a temp gun and a digital with a wire probe. For a basking light i use a bright white halogen flood bulb bought at any home improvement store. When you take the temps you want to know the temps on the basking surface. You can buy the uvb bulb with the light fixture om Amazon or DR Foster and Smith. Also you can put that on top of the screen if she has one and put the basking light right next to it so when she basks she gets heat and uvb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom