Pooping help

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I’ve noticed a lot of people who have trouble with their beardies not pooping (myself included) so I thought I would explain a few ways to help them poop.
1) your beardie may just not need to poop. If it is pooping 1 or 2 times per week it should be ok.
2) if you are worried about your beardie don’t waste time waiting around for answers on the forum get your beardie to a Reptile vet ASAP.
3) if you aren’t worried about your beardie other then them not pooping you can do a couple of things. You can soak them in warm (NOT hot) water for 15-20 minutes while gently massaging their belly and
4) you can give your beardie some ice burg lettuce to eat. This acts just like a laxative. Just make sure to open a window because their poo will be stinky. DISCLAIMER: ice burg lettuce has NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE and should NOT be fed REGULARLY. However a bowl of ice burg lettuce a few times a month won’t hurt your beardie.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hoped this helps. If you have any questions/comments feel free to let me know
-Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom