Pooping help

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I’ve noticed a lot of people who have trouble with their beardies not pooping (myself included) so I thought I would explain a few ways to help them poop.
1) your beardie may just not need to poop. If it is pooping 1 or 2 times per week it should be ok.
2) if you are worried about your beardie don’t waste time waiting around for answers on the forum get your beardie to a Reptile vet ASAP.
3) if you aren’t worried about your beardie other then them not pooping you can do a couple of things. You can soak them in warm (NOT hot) water for 15-20 minutes while gently massaging their belly and
4) you can give your beardie some ice burg lettuce to eat. This acts just like a laxative. Just make sure to open a window because their poo will be stinky. DISCLAIMER: ice burg lettuce has NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE and should NOT be fed REGULARLY. However a bowl of ice burg lettuce a few times a month won’t hurt your beardie.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hoped this helps. If you have any questions/comments feel free to let me know
-Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom