Tip of urate discolored. 3 month old beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
97687-8171846633.jpg
Recently ive noticed the tip of Starrys urate is discolored. After quite a bit of reading i think the cause may be calcium overdose or dehydration. I dust with calcium and d3 one meal 5 times a week and with a multivitamin one meal twice a week. I offer a mixture of greens everyday usually with okra and sometimes yellow squash. His diet has mainly been dubias but i got crickets last week for 3 days while we were waiting for our new shipment of dubias. Hes also in the midst of a full body shed. He was 20 grams when i got him one month ago and weighs 55 currently. His temps are proper ive discussed in other post my set up and posted pics of his viv. I have an 18" t5ho bulb...about 3 months old...within 10 inches of basking spot...he doesnt eat many greens but gets fed roaches three times daily eating 40 or so 1/2 inch dubias daily. Hes pooped every day and eatin consistently every day. Ive ordered calcium without d3 because ive become aware that with this particular light d3 supplementation isnt necessary.
97687-6888715201.jpg
poop is clumpy as well...typically is one long bowel movement

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look too bad. Urate looks a little dry perhaps. As long as it doesn't look like that consistently I wouldn't worry about it. If he's eating well and you're giving the bugs some nice hydrating veges then he should be OK but you can offer more water by dripping it on his nose to lick up if he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom