Beaded Dragon not basking or eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pritchy

I have two black soil bearded dragons, both 1-1.5 years of age (male and female). I purchased the male first as a juvenile and for the first 6 months or so he was doing great, eating tons of food and always basking. Until i got the female, there are only a couple of weeks age difference between the two. I originally had both in the same enclosure and all was good, until i noticed my male wouldn't eat much at all, wouldn't bask as much, and was very sexually aggressive towards the female (meanwhile she has been eating tons, basking, bathing, etc). I then got a custom enclosure made to separate the two to solve the issue, but he hasn't recovered, in fact he's gotten much worse. He now doesn't eat anything at all (MUST be force fed), doesn't bask at all, and just sleeps under his rock ALL day, doesn't move. Meanwhile my female couldn't be healthier. Am i doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this? (This issue has been ongoing for around 6 months now) Any help would be amazing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you separated them. It sounds like that arrangement was causing stress so even if not directly related, it's a good change. Has he been losing weight? What kind of lighting do you have in place for him? Can you post some photos of him and his enclosure? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Pritchy

Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply i didn't see your message. He has lost quite a lot of weight yes, i have a a uvb 10.0 bulb, and i will get the heat bulb wattage and temps tomorrow as well as the photos of him in his enclosure. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom