worried about baby dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nytronaomie

i bought a bearded dragon almost 3 months ago. they said he was 6 weeks old but he was way smaller then the other 6 week olds. anyway.
today he has been acting weird, when it came to feeding him he wouldnt take a mealworm. so i got him some crickets out he ate them everyday for last 2 weeks and he spazed out and ran under his hide (never went in there at all) puffed up and turned black and started hissing at me, after 40 min he calmed down, and went back to normalish just he wouldnt let me in his tank with out sinking down, then this after noon gettig ready for second feeding he did the same thing as this morning refused the worm and puffed up hissed and turned black when i got the crickets

i have no idea whats going on with him

i have two other lizards a uromastyx and red headed agama

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like something is startling him. Has anything unusual happened to him recently? Are you seeing signs of him shedding? How do you have his tank set up? If you can post some photos it would be helpful. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

nytronaomie

Original Poster
98493-346328198.jpg
98493-8511153725.jpg
Nothing has changed in his routine. We don't take him where anything bigger then him is (dogs birds fish) he has what we call a hot room that he shares with 2 other lizards but has been that way since we got him 3 months ago so nothing new has changed there about a month ago our vet told us to put a water dish in there for an hour a day he jumps in it when he's shedding. His humidity is at 20 to 25 when the dish is in there when it's not it drops to 15 to 20. This started up a the day I posted it and at that time he finished his shed 2 days before.
In the photos they were just taken he normally has more veggies in his dish but it's scattered all over from him spazing he never eats it.
Now he's hiding in a log and digging at the carpet and he never does that this is the first time.
98493-4008837985.jpg

nytronaomie

Original Poster
I NEED TO ALSO PUT IT DINT LADT ALL DAY IT'S JIST RANDOM SPIRES IN THE DAY ONE SECIND HE WILL BE FINE THE NEXT HE WAS TO FLAY A FINGER

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks OK. I'm not certain what has him agitated. It might be good to leave him alone for a little while and let him settle down and see if that helps. He looks healthy to me based on those pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom