Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracko818

On a Sunday I went to the pet store to buy a pinkie and the guy ended up giving me 3 of them when I only asked for one, anyways I didn’t know what to do with 3 of them so I ended up giving them to my dragon she seem really interested in them and kept eating like nothing and usually she stops when she’s full but not this time, it was her first time eating pinkies and she seemed fine. On the next day Monday I woke up turned on her light and I saw that she had digested 2 of the pinkies but she just didn’t seem fine at all she was just laying down and I saw that her muscles were twitching so I got a huge feeling she got over fed and I honestly didn’t know what to do so I told my boyfriend about it and he said to put him on warm water then my boyfriend got here and he gently massaged her stomach and took her outside in the sun and he moved for a while until again he started twitching a little bit so we left it in the tank. Today is Tuesday and she still the same as yesterday but not so worse she just laying down I put her on warm water again massaged her but it still hasnt pooped or anything. I’m really worried i don’t know what else to do all she does is lay and stares at me. What else can I do I wouldn’t want to loose her. Any other suggestions?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what size is your dragon ? Hopefully full grown. A few pinkies shouldn't bother an adult dragon, although it is somewhat of a large meal. If he's still like this tomorrow you might want to take him to an experienced reptile vet. He may be impacted or be having a hard time digesting them. In the meantime try to get some of these natural laxatives in him :
canned pumpkin, applesauce, baby food prunes , sweet potato or squash. Add several drops of olive oil or raw honey to any of those to help pass the food through. He may even vomit them up, especially if he ate them late in the day + didn't have enough heat to digest them.

Can you post pics of your boy ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

A video would be even better

Dracko818

Original Poster
98490-3862524461.jpg
Thank you very much! after the warm bath that i gave her i was waiting to see how she would do if not i was going to give her the unsweetened pureed prunes but while i was waiting she started moving a little bit more and more and next thing we see she was already on the other side of the tank looking a little better and on the next morning we found her inside her water and i know her water gets a little too cold for her so i turned on her light but woke up and started chasing around the crickets she had in her tank. Now shes a lot better running around and jumping to everything she sees. :lol: :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragon is doing better now? He is pretty small/young to be ingesting pinkies though.
Has he gone to the bathroom several times now? I would definitely increase oral fluids as
well as use the prunes, sugar free applesauce or canned pumpkin mixed with a couple of
drops of olive or coconut oil to help move things through.
Also, I would suggest taking out the water dish overnight, so he doesn't accidentally drown
by falling asleep in the water.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom