Gray plaque on bearded???

Status
Not open for further replies.
98483-242053699.jpg
[/ximg]
98483-6678728848.jpg
So my 1 year old bearded dragon has these weird gray plaque , he's just shed,he's not lethargic, he's eating perfectly , he just has these spots. Could it be yellow fungus or a burn?
98483-2050640593.jpg
sorry, I can't take real good photos.

UPDATE.the gray patches are coming off! Like scales and all. I'm going to soak it in Betadine to prevent infection.should I be worried that the scales are coming off?
98483-8525369758.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I Believe that your beardie is getting ready for a shed. Otherwise it could just be a scar and it will go away in his next shed. a Closer and less blurry picture might help though.

-HippieLizards.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does appear like he may be going to shed, perhaps.
It looks like he is a little dehydrated because the pads on top of his head look depressed a little
bit. How old is he?
It doesn't appear to be yellow fungus though.

Tracie

Ivyelisabethturner

Original Poster
He's a year old, I noticed it a few days ago. He's been a little more docile lately but I think that's because he was shedding, he's done shedding now but the plaque is still there. He is not dehydrated, lethargic, or sick in any way. They look slightly painful when I touch it. I thought it was a burn at first so I switched his heat bulb to a 75 watt in a 50 gallon tank. The distance between the basking spot and the lamp is 7 inches.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well that is a bit close for the basking bulb to be. What are his temperatures (cool end, warm end, Basking spot)? and I'm glad their coming off now. I Guess it was just misshapen scales perhaps. I Don't think that you need to worry about them coming off.

BTW When doing the betadine soak make sure it's diluted to look like iced tea before letting him in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom