Frodo my new beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaBerr

Hi folks, I am concerned about Frodo. He ate 3 crickets yesterday that were too big for him. He was bigger than the other babies so the guy at the pet store said to try the bigger size cricket. He vomited and had some dark green diarrhea. He has been a bit lethargic not interested in eating. He was very alert and interactive when I brought him home, but after vomiting incident he hasn't been. I gave him a warm bath and he drank a good amount of water. I feel like they were too big and he is recovering while trying to acclimate to his new home. I feel really bad for this. Any thoughts very much appreciated please and thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little Frodo, and so much for the unhelpful pet store employee's knowledge about beardies. Since Frodo threw them up he should bounce back, keep him hydrated + go back to the proper sized crickets. He may not eat for a day or so but this should pass.

MamaBerr

Original Poster
Thank you so much!!! That is reassuring. I did some research before purchasing him, but there is so much and always more to learn. He is basking now he did drink some water, and is sort of opening and closing his mouth and dozing off and on is that normal. Im not sure how to post a video

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It could be normal, see how he's doing tomorrow. For a video I guess you can post one on youtube or somewhere + link it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom