Unexpected Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phineas

my dragon, which we always thought was a boy laid eggs. I had no idea he was going to. He was digging a lot, but i didn’t think much of it because he always digs. He laid his eggs in his terrarium, and he hasn’t been getting extra food or anything. He is also very small for his age. Is he going to be okay?!?!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am assuming that she has not been with a male, correct & that these are infertile?
All you need to do is make sure she has adequate UVB lighting along with plenty of good
calcium & greens to eat to keep up her bone strength.
Is she eating pretty well?
How many did she lay?

Tracie

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, please give us any all info you have on age, weight, legnth, etc, along with everything you can about his setup (lights, heat, UV, brand, terrarium, length, thermometers, etc). This will help us better assess you and your situation. If you'd like to up load a pic of your little girl, just go here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach pics to your post.

Phineas

Original Poster
Drache613":3miplmj9 said:
Hello,

I am assuming that she has not been with a male, correct & that these are infertile?
All you need to do is make sure she has adequate UVB lighting along with plenty of good
calcium & greens to eat to keep up her bone strength.
Is she eating pretty well?
How many did she lay?

Tracie

She has never been a big eater. She is eating like normal. She has laid 20 eggs. She is in the calendar for 2018 a her name is Phineas. She is a she now.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Please give us some more details, we don't have enough information to really help you figure everything out. There shouldn't be any problems, but better safe than sorry, eh?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Phineas is a great name for her!
As suggested, we can help review your setup just to be sure everything is all correct in case
something might be off a little bit.
Are you giving enough calcium since she just laid eggs? Is she eating since she finished laying?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is what you posted in the report. You can post here instead of making a report, so we can
all help out here.

"Well she is about 17 inches long. 3 inches wide and about a inch thick. Her cage is 45 inches long. 19 and a half inches tall. And 16 inches wide. She refuses to eat crickets. So I feed her supers with calcium. She often eats kale and collard greens. She spends a lot of time on her hammock. She hasn’t been eating well since she laid her eggs. But she still is very happy acting."

If she isn't eating very much, you may need to intervene some if she is losing some weight. You
can get some chicken or turkey baby food along with sweet potato or squash baby food to mix
together. Use either a plastic syringe or dropper to drip onto her nose to see if she licks any of
the food off of her nose.
Are you using a UVB light for her? If so, what type & brand is it?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Phineas

Original Poster
Drache613":2uvj7cn8 said:
Hello,

This is what you posted in the report. You can post here instead of making a report, so we can
all help out here.

"Well she is about 17 inches long. 3 inches wide and about a inch thick. Her cage is 45 inches long. 19 and a half inches tall. And 16 inches wide. She refuses to eat crickets. So I feed her supers with calcium. She often eats kale and collard greens. She spends a lot of time on her hammock. She hasn’t been eating well since she laid her eggs. But she still is very happy acting."

If she isn't eating very much, you may need to intervene some if she is losing some weight. You
can get some chicken or turkey baby food along with sweet potato or squash baby food to mix
together. Use either a plastic syringe or dropper to drip onto her nose to see if she licks any of
the food off of her nose.
Are you using a UVB light for her? If so, what type & brand is it?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Thank you so much. I will try that and get back to you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, how are things going today for her?
Have you been able to get her to eat anything? Let us know how the feeding goes for her,
she should really like the baby food if you are going to try that.

Tracie

Phineas

Original Poster
Drache613":282onilg said:
Hello,

Sure, how are things going today for her?
Have you been able to get her to eat anything? Let us know how the feeding goes for her,
she should really like the baby food if you are going to try that.

Tracie

She ate worms today. I don’t have any baby food so I will have to buy that. She won’t eat any greens or vegetables. But she had been a lot more active since I gave her a bath.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great she did eat some worms today, then & has been more active since her bath.
The baby food is simply to supplement her until she gets her full appetite back & can gain
some weight back after laying her eggs.
Is she well hydrated also?
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom