Accidentally ate an orchid flower petal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpb9913

Hello! My bearded dragon Fiona was very intrigued by a small orchid plant that I have, she got a little too excited about it and was able to grab and quickly eat a petal off of a flower on the orchid before I could get to her. Does anyone know if this is toxic? I can't find anything online about it but would like to know if anyone has any insight on this. Thank you in advance!

NoahC

I'm not hugely experienced but from what I've read on here, I think your beardie will be fine.. you said they only ate one petal, which shouldn't hurt them, it probably won't even be enough to give her a slight upset stomach :) . I checked on a list on toxic on and non-toxic plants and orchids aren't known to harm them.
Hope this helps a little bit, I worry about my little guy constantly and this website is great to stop me stressing! :lol:

Jpb9913

Original Poster
Thanks for your response! You are probably right, plus she pooped, ate, and ran around this morning so nothing has seemed out of the ordinary! Haha I'm with you on that one - I always worry about mine too!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon today? She should be fine, but you can give parsley, cilantro & kale as a mix
for a few days to help detox in case it ends up upsetting her tummy a little bit. They are not
known to be toxic though.

Tracie

Jpb9913

Original Poster
She is doing well, acting as if nothing happened! I did give her kale this morning- perhaps that helped. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like she will be just fine then! Usually, a toxic reaction hits them pretty quickly so
you would definitely know by now if it was bothering her. I'm glad it wasn't a toxic plant! :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom