Sick Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlquick

For the last few weeks my female beardie has been acting really strange. She’s approx 4-5 mths 15”L.
She’s been glass surfing a lot, and almost refuses to bask. I turn her lamps on around 7:30, and she slowly moves up to her basking spot. She’s basks for about 1hr, then she eats breakfast. She basks again for maybe 1hr, then glass surfs for about 5mins, and goes to her hammock on the cool side, and stays there unless I move her back to her basking spot.
Her appetite has slowly declined over the last few weeks from an aggressive appetite, to almost nothing now..
Her poops seem healthy with a semi-solid all white urate, and semi-solid green/dark green poop.

Tank/Lighting Setup
40gL 36”L X 16”D X 16”H Three Sides Covered
ZooMed Deep Dome Fixture
ZooMed PowerSun 100W MVB (BASKING) 10-12” away
Zilla T8 18” UVB Lamp (Just for Coverage)

Basking temps never exceed 103.5*

Feedings a few weeks ago
(5) Superworms Dusted with Rep-Cal Calcium&D3 for breakfast 6 days a week, and dusted with Herptivite 1 day a week.
(20-25) 5/8” Crickets a day

Feedings as of this week
(2-4) Superworms dusted for breakfast
(5-10) Crickets a day

I also offer fresh greens everyday, although she never eats much unless I hand feed her a little.
Usually Collard, or Mustard Greens.

Any ideas..??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your setup looks pretty good. The Powersun is a decent bulb, but I would highly recommend
getting another tube bulb to use in combination with it for better coverage. The T5 high output
tube UVB bulbs are very good & are terrific when used with a MVB light such as the Powersun.
Either Reptisun or Arcadia are both good with the T5 tubes.
The Zilla might be bothering her, I am not sure. How close to her it is & is it mounted right
beside the Powersun?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure her temperatures?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom