Beardie wont bask

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximann

Hi!

I got my bearded dragon about 3 weeks back. I dont know how old he/she is, but it arrieved in the store about 8 monthes ago. The beardie was quite active and was eating good when i first got it, but now it wont bask and barly eats anything. It only sits under its log wich is under the basking light. I try to feed it crickets a couple of times a day, but she only takes a few every feeding. (crickets is my only option for insects as no pet store near my sells anything else). I make a fresh salad each day, but it never touch it even when i got it. The tank is 35x17"x17". The basking spot is at about 105 degrees and the cool side is about 80-82. I have exo terra solar glo 125w basking light and the rest of the terrarium is light up with exo terra reptile uvb 150 25w. Does anyone have any idea on what might be wrong?

maximann

Original Poster
The heat bulb is about 10" from the basking spot and the rest of the bulbs are 17" from the floor of the tank.

98365-2057203902.jpg

98365-9624196603.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be that something is off with the output of the Solar Glo. Try replacing it with a halogen flood light and test surface temps to get them between 100-110 on the basking site and see if he starts to bask then. If he does, then the might not like the MVB and an alternative UVB light might be needed. The UVB150 compact is pretty weak. Even the 26w version is only useful between about 6-8''. Better suited for small tanks. At the distance your lights are mounted, either a different 100w MVB or a T5 tube are probably the best options. I like using the UVB tubes so I can set that at the proper distance for UVB output and then control the heat separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom