Swollen left rear leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzye108

Hey so I noticed my beardie was limping when I was playing with him I dont remember him falling or anything the only incident that I remember that this might of happened was when a cricket went on my hand and I freaked out and the tonsils that I used to feed him flew out of my hand Im not sure if the tonsils hit him but he did jump out of his basking spot he did seem normal after that ate kept eating his crickets
98345-9445139165.jpg
98345-9445139165.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That leg does look a little swollen. Do you mean feeding tongs fell out of your hands?
I don't think those hitting him would have caused that though.
Was this all of the sudden or has the swelling come on slowly?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, heating
& temperatures along with feeding & supplementation so we can be sure everything is all
correct.

Tracie

izzye108

Original Poster
They didn't fall out I freaked out when the cricket went on my hand and my instinct was to quickly shake it off but the tonsils went flying as well the swelling seemed to come up slowly because when the tonsil incident happened I didnt know that i might have hit him with them I have posted a picture of my tank setup it is a 60 gallon also ive uploaded the brand of the light bulb which 125watts 2 in 1 mercury light bulb from exoterra i feed him calcium powdered dubia roaches everyday along with kale everyday in his feeding bowl

98345-2922655917.jpg
98345-3022778738.jpg
98345-9341126354.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
So the swelling started right after that incident?
It is possible it could have hit him so depending on how hard it could have hit, that may have
injured him somewhat.
How far away do you have the Solar Glo 125 watt MVB light?
The calcium supplement looks fine. Be sure to include another green along with the kale, for
some variety like mustards or collard greens, or even arugula, too.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

izzye108

Original Poster
Today he is still limping it looks like he is using his leg a bit more.The swelling did start after the incident. The light is about a foot and 2 inches from his basking pyramid. Does it look like his leg is broken or fractured? or how serious does the injury look i wanted to look into getting him insurance.
98345-33573490.jpg
98345-6109055956.jpg
98345-4175872328.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, that is good news he seems to be using the leg a little more. Poor guy, I hope that it isn't
broken, but you might consider taking him in for an x-ray to be sure. It doesn't "appear" to be
broken, but it's hard to tell just based on looking at the picture.
How is his appetite, has he eaten much since the accident?
Please keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is great news then! :D
I would definitely watch him closely to be sure it doesn't worsen. You can consider getting him
into the vets for an x-ray. Do you have a vet you can take him to, a reptile vet, that is?
Otherwise, if it continues to improve, even slowly, then it probably isn't broken, but just slightly
bruised. It's a good sign he is eating & using the leg, also.

Tracie

izzye108

Original Poster
I do not know of any vet nearby this is my first beardie and also money is an issue I cant afford x rays

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is very understandable. If it came to it though, a regular vet could at least do an x-ray,
to determine if it was broken because if it was & it healed wrong then it would affect his
ability to walk or climb normally.
If he seems to be improving, hopefully it was just a bruise & it will heal up just fine.
Is he still eating well?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom