Eye popping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuJohn321

I was going to get our snake and our dragon Hakuna some food and i told hakuna bye grabbed something went to walk out and hakunas eye was like buldging pretty far out of his head. Then popped back in? Hes a baby so know hes growing alot is it just to help with some pressure or such? I hope so.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

This is perfectly normal for beardies. My Thor does it all the time. They seem to do it more when they're sleepy or bored but it's perfectly normal. If you want you could read this excellent article on eye bulging: https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/eyebulging/

I Hope the article was helpful. :)

-HippieLizards.

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Thank you so much when i came home he has skin coming off of his head. Im a little worried because there was kindve "clicking" sound when he was beathing but then he opened his mouth breathing through there and havent heard it much since and never have heard it before. i had fugured his nose is plugged with skin. Is thus accurate?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
You're welcome. :)

I'd assume that the clicking and mouth breathing is probably from his nostrils being plugged up.
But if you witness any more clicking or mouth breathing (or sneezing, coughing, or blowing bubbles out of nose) then it may be a URI and you will need to take him to an experienced reptile vet ASAP to get him checked out.

How's he doing today?

-HippieLizards.

NuJohn321

Original Poster
HippieLizards":14wpzodh said:
You're welcome. :)

I'd assume that the clicking and mouth breathing is probably from his nostrils being plugged up.
But if you witness any more clicking or mouth breathing (or sneezing, coughing, or blowing bubbles out of nose) then it may be a URI and you will need to take him to an experienced reptile vet ASAP to get him checked out.

How's he doing today?

-HippieLizards.
Oh he is doing just fine i havent heard the clicking since he got his nostrils unclogged! Hes about to eat now. Also for a vet. Theres vets near here but i dont think any are reptile vets. I was trying to find one the other day for safe measures to know whered id go. And im not sure.
Oh also! Are you the owner or thor in beardie tales? Hes so cute

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

NuJohn321

Original Poster
Why thankyou! I was right about none near me, but Will do the driving if needed.
And awh thats not good, glad hes okay!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, it was very scary because I thought he had died until I saw him breathing and he opened his eyes. He seems to be fine now.

Happy Easter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom