Not digesting food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steadying

For the last several weeks, my beardie has not been digesting her food well at all. For example, if I feed her butternut squash, she'll poop it out looking more or less what it looked like before. Her basking temps are all normal, she doesn't seem ill besides that; does some digging and glass surfing when she's in her cage at times, but that's about it. Had a fecal done, she had a very minor case of pin worms which I'm currently treating but her poop is exactly the same. Her exam was fine besides that, though the vet did say she could use more water.

Any idea what could possibly be wrong here? I'm getting very worried, probably gonna get an X-ray or whatever else y'all could suggest done.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
While this may be an indication of something being wrong (health wise) , have you checked the tank temperatures at the basking spot, the warm zone and cool zone lately ?

If it's simply the temperatures , too low for the dragon to digest it's food , this is easy fixed.

How are you measuring these temperatures ?

Also - what substrate are you using ?

Steadying

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":uro0un9q said:
While this may be an indication of something being wrong (health wise) , have you checked the tank temperatures at the basking spot, the warm zone and cool zone lately ?

If it's simply the temperatures , too low for the dragon to digest it's food , this is easy fixed.

How are you measuring these temperatures ?

Also - what substrate are you using ?

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Basking spot can be around 110-120 depending on how hot my room is (I've been using a heater lately because the winter here is preeetty cold), and the cool end is around 80-90. I use a temp gun and zoomed temp things, but they're kinda hard to use since the walls are plastic and they don't stick (Animal Plastics T8 cage). I don't use any substrate besides some paper towel under her basking spot where she usually poops. (And no, she doesn't eat it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom