Someone help me plz I'm scared for my samwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIBBLEZ

Hello my bearded dragon samwell has been sleeping for days now and won't even touch his food or even eat a cricket I'm worried this my first bearded dragon I was going to take him to the vet but first I thought i should get opinions from people who have bearded dragon and what they think plz help I'm scared for him and I can see he has loss weight also plz help
98062-1535350788.jpg
that's a picture of him now sorry for the mess it's been a few days since I cleaned his cage and he won t even move to his basking rock or anything he just lays on the ground like he's dead I'm so scared plz help me also he's my first bearded dragon I ever had I'm worried for him

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I'm so sorry for your beardie to be unwell. :( Are you sure he's still alive? Can you see if he's breathing at all? You can flip him onto his back and if he doesn't respond in 30 seconds or more then he may be gone (make sure to flip him back onto his feet once you're done checking him). I Do see that his eyes are sunken in, you can see his hip bones, and he looks very dehydrated. You MUST get him to an experienced reptile vet ASAP.

I Do hope you did your research before getting him. Could you please review his setup? and could you post a few pictures of the setup, his lights, and more pictures of him?

How long has he been like this? What is the UVB light? is it a T5 or T8? Coil or tube? How old is it? What are the temperatures of his tank? (Basking spot, warm end, cool end).

how is he doing today?

-HippieLizards.

TIBBLEZ

Original Poster
He's alive my bulb is a reptisun 10.0 coil bulb. I don't know if I can see his hip bones I'll post more pictures of him. Yes I did research before I got him the place I bought him didn't know his age they just said he's a juvenile beardie. He's been like this for three days now. In the day time his temps have been 102 to 106 and the cool side is around 84 and at night the temps are at 90 to 95. Before i left for work in the morning he was sleeping and then my mom was here and got him to drink some water today. But he's been drinking water and I've been misting him the soonest I can get him to the vet is Monday morning. I'm trying to post more pictures of the tank and the setup and him I'll do it as soon as I can

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and sorry to hear your beardie is sick. First off, please get the ReptiSun 10.0 t5 tube style bulb ASAP. What method are you using to take the temperatures? Sick-on thermometers, probe, IR gun, etc. What do you feed him?

As the previous poster said, you will need to get him to a REPTILE vet (not just any old dog-and-cat vet!) ASAP.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow sorry your little one isn't feeling well!
Did you mention his nighttime temperatures were 90-95, is that correct? If so, that is way
too high & it will overheat & dehydrate him. The nighttime temperatures really can go down
to 65-70 or so, comfortably.
Let us know how the vet visit goes. He does need some oral fluids first & foremost, as well as
food/slurries. He is very small which does make it hard to get food into him. You can use a
plastic syringe or dropper to feed him some baby food such as chicken or turkey mixed with
squash or sweet potato babyfood. Just drop it on the end of his nose to see if he will start to
lick any of it off.
I hope he is feeling better soon.

Tracie

TIBBLEZ

Original Poster
Well I took samwell to the vet and the they took a poop sample and they also said that he may make it or not they said he looked health and his condition is worsening but I have faith and have been feeding him with a syringe and water but I'm waiting to see if the vet found anything in his poop prayers for samwell

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my, I am so so sorry about Samwell. I know he was greatly loved, but it is still hard to loose a good friend.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
:cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so sorry for you're loss.. It's so much harder when they pass as babies. :cry: :(

At least he died being loved and warm. :) Hopefully he died peacefully. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry I missed your post about Samwell passing away. :cry: So sorry to hear that you lost
him. My sincere condolences to you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom