Black beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I’ve had my beardie for about a month already & when we first got her her chin was black for about a week & it went away completely & then she started shedding & she’s still in the process but her face & chin just finished shedding & her beard is so black , does anyone know what it means ?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I Suspect your beardie's just stressed from going through a shed. They are much more irritable when shedding. Could you possibly post a picture of the black beard and the setup? https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Is there anything that could be stressing them out? Do you have any other beardies or animals that he can see that could be stressing him out?

Could you please review the Setup, Lights, and UVB? Is it T8 or T5? Coil or tube? How old? Is the basking bulb a "colored" bulb?

How is he doing today? Is the beard still black?

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom