Possible Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emrenee

I just got my bearded dragon as a class pet a week ago, and he shed after. Two days ago I noticed a yellow spot by his mouth/nose. I was wondering if anyone had a guess to what it could be.

Emrenee

Original Poster
Here is a picture
OhuViD2

http://imgur.com/OhuViD2

He is eating normally but not climbing as much as he did

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No Y.F., just natural orange color peeking out from a patch of shed. :) BTW, can you go over your set up, exact brand of lights + how many watts, temps., etc. Just to be sure you have what you need. Pet stores are big on selling the wrong stuff, Post pics of the entire set up as well, showing the lights.

Emrenee

Original Poster
AHBD":374fmgdi said:
No Y.F., just natural orange color peeking out from a patch of shed. :) BTW, can you go over your set up, exact brand of lights + how many watts, temps., etc. Just to be sure you have what you need. Pet stores are big on selling the wrong stuff, Post pics of the entire set up as well, showing the lights.

Yes he is small so is currently in a 20 gallon tank with reptile carpet. I am using a 75W heat lamp with a 13W 10.0 UVB bulb. To keep him warmer at night I also use a undertank heater.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What a cute little face =). I agree that's probably just a face shed coming on. The 13w UVB light isn't providing enough UVB for him and should be replaced/upgraded. In a 20g tank I would get a 24'' T5 fixture with a 5.0 bulb which should produce adequate UVB at 6-8'' from the bulb. You can upgrade to a 10.0 bulb (same fixture) when you move him to a larger tank. That would provide excellent UVB at around 12'' from the bulb. https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom